SIM800L is a miniature cellular module which allows for GPRS transmission, sending and receiving SMS and making and receiving voice calls. Low cost and small footprint and quad band frequency support make this module perfect solution for any project that require long range connectivity. After connecting power module boots up, searches for cellular network and login automatically. On board LED displays connection state (no network coverage - fast blinking, logged in - slow blinking). It's operating voltage is 3.8 ~ 4.2V, peak current is 1A.
- Chip: SIM800L
- Supply voltage: 3.8V - 4.2V
- Recommended Supply Voltage: 4V
- Sleep mode < 2.0mA
- Idle mode < 7.0mA
- GSM transmission (avg): 350 mA
- GSM transmission (peek): 2000mA
- Module size: 25 x 23 mm
- Interface: UART (max. 2.8V) and AT commands
- SIM card socket: Micro SIM (Bottom side)
- Supported frequencies: Quad Band (850 / 950 / 1800 /1900 MHz)
- Antenna connector: IPX
- Status signaling: LED
- Working temperature range: -40 do + 85 ° C
Pinout (Bottom Side Left):
- RING (not marked on PBC, first from top, square) - LOW state while receiving call
- DTR - sleep mode. Default in HIGH state (module in sleep mode, serial communication disabled). After setting it in LOW the module will wake up.
- MIC +, MIC -Microphone
- SPK +, SPK- Speaker
Pinout (Bottom Side Right):
- NET - Antenna
- VCC - Supply Voltage
- RST - Reset
- RXD - Serial communication
- TXD - Serial communication
- GND - Ground
- Home Alarm System: When a motion sensor detects a movement of an intruder, an SMS will be sent to a predefined number which could be you or your security reaction company and a siren or any other sound device could be triggered in the process as well.
- Remote Controlling System: A mobile phone can be used to Send an SMS to switch ON/OFF remote devices. You could control your entire home devices, switching ON/OFF lights, fans, pool motor, garage motor and so on with just a simple SMS from a distance.
- Security Access Control: A security access can be implemented at apartments or housing complexes. A security guard could inform by intercom a resident if he/she has a visitor at the main gate. with a replied SMS, the resident could open remotely the gate for his/her visitor.
- Remote System Monitoring: In a remote system monitoring application, a Microcontroller for example could be used to constantly monitor the status of a remote sensors, let say temperature or moisture sensors. If a certain condition is reached, the program will send an SMS to notify the situation.
1 X SIM800L GSM/GPRS Module
1 X Antenna
1 X Pin header set (Soldered)